It has been dubbed our most random episode yet. We first head to Berlin for IFA 2018 and peek into the not-too-distant future where bezels have left the human race and it’s all screen, all of the time. Then it’s off to Seattle where a gaggle of geese have run amok and taken over an indie gaming convention at PAX West. Finally, your grandkids have abandoned you but never you mind, just get one on-demand from the Papa app. What a time to be alive!
As always, we cover all angles using clips from different sources so you get everything you need to know, right here on The Lazy Couch Podcast.
Episode 108. Recorded Thursday 6 September 2018.
iTunes | subscribe | email | twitter | web | youtube
00:00 – IFA 2018
- Laptop bezels are dead, and IFA killed them | Circuit Breaker
- Lenovo’s new Yoga Book replaces the keyboard with an E Ink screen | Circuit Breaker
- Acer’s absurd Predator Thronos gaming chair is fit for a king | Circuit Breaker
- 8K TVs are coming, but ignore the hype | Engadget
- Acer at IFA 2018 in under 9 minutes | Engadget YouTube
- Segway’s new e-skates, the Drift W1 | Engadget
- IFA 2018 complete coverage | Digital Trends
27:33 – PAX West
- PAX hands-on: Retro sequels Streets of Rage 4, Windjammers 2 take us back to ‘94 | Ars Technica
- Valve’s first new game in 5 years, Artifact, coming in November | Ars Technica
- PAX Australia in Melbourne 26-28 Oct | paxsite.com
39:15 – Random
The Lazy Couch is a geek culture podcast hosted by Kelvin Lee and Geoff Kim, based out of Sydney Australia. Topics range from the latest trends in technology to comic book movies and all things geeky. If you enjoyed listening to us, you can help the show by leaving us a review on iTunes or get in touch with us on @thelazycouch.
The outro music is ‘Sorry’ by Comfort Fit.