This episode is all about VR and in particular the Oculus VR Connect 3 event which was held a few days ago. Being owned by Facebook, Mark Zuckerberg made an appearance on opening day and quietly outlined his plans to take computing to the next level and how they are helping to lay the foundations of a platform that we will all be a participants of in the near future.
We will chat about the Oculus Touch controllers coming later this year, some of the new games and apps that have been announced by various developers, and the hardware specs you need right now to get into Oculus VR. This and more on episode 76 on The Lazy Couch podcast.
Episode 76. Recorded Tuesday 11 October 2016.
iTunes | subscribe | email | twitter | web | youtube
00:00 – Intro
04:42 – Oculus Connect 3 Keynote
- Full keynote | youtube
- Facebook & Oculus promise millions in funding for diverse apps, education and more on VR | Venture Beat
- Zuck’s social VR demo | youtube
- Oculus’ new wireless prototype could be VR’s next great leap | The Verge
- I tried the wireless Oculus Rift. It tasted like freedom. | CNet
- Oculus will bring VR to the web with React VR and Carmel VR browser | TechCrunch
- Oculus will soon be able to work with a much cheaper gaming PC | The Verge
28:51 – General Oculus news and event fallout
- Palmer Luckey absent from Oculus conference keynote after troll scandal | TechCrunch
- The five best VR experiences we saw at Oculus Connect’s demo day | The Verge
- Oculus Touch controllers: The good and the bad | Tom’s Hardware
- Michael Abrash has 2021 vision and we have reason to pay attention | Wareable