Don’t you hate it when you hail a Uber but the driver is nowhere to be found? Sounds far-fetched, doesn’t it? Well, Uber began trialling driverless cars in the city of Pittsburgh this week — That escalated fast! Google is also getting in on the action with its own ride-sharing service. It’s happening people!
As we wait for the Apple announcements next week, Fitbit has come out to launch their own upgraded products and they sure do look sexy. We also discuss what the future of Nexus phones may or may not be. Hmmm makes you think.
While Batfleck has been playing silly buggers by spreading rumours about a certain villain in the DC Extended Universe. This and so much more on episode 72 of The Lazy Couch.
Episode 72. Recorded Wednesday 31 August 2016.
00:00 – Intro
- The truth about Thor during Civil War | YouTube
03:34 – Car news
- Google takes on Uber with new ride-share service | WSJ
- How Pittsburgh birthed the age of the self-driving car | Wired
- Uber poaches senior Target executive | Fortune
12:25 – Batman v Deathstroke?
- Ben Affleck’s tweet of Deathstroke | @BenAffleck
- Deathstroke will be in Ben Affleck’s Batman movie | The Wrap
17:55 – All the rest
- How Facebook’s foray into automated news went from messy to disastrous | Slate
- Apple adds a 2TB iCloud storage option | TechCrunch
- Apple is working on iPad upgrades and refreshed Mac lineup | Bloomberg Technology
- Apple ordered to pay EUR 13bn after EU rules Ireland broke state aid laws | The Guardian
- The end of Nexus: this year’s Google phones to forge new path | Android Central
- Fitbit unveils ‘swim-proof’ Flex 2 and Charge 2 with HRM | VentureBeat