Big news – the young Han Solo has been cast! Find out who it is and his acting credentials in our ‘future of’ episode. We ask the big questions like how will content be distributed and consumed and who will control the message? How will you be watching live sports like the English Premier League? And is there a future for podcasts?
We also preview what’s to come in PC graphics and some of the cool new tech that LG and Microsoft are developing, that may be coming to your smartphone in the next couple of years. This and much more on episode 60 of The Lazy Couch. We are not Babylonians.
Episode 60. Recorded Monday 9 May 2016.
iTunes | subscribe | email | twitter | web | youtube
Download episode 60 (mp3)
00:00 – Intro
- Kelvin checks out Sydney Biennale at Carriageworks
- Geoff has all you can eat Korean BBQ place – Sakae Yakiniku House in Eastwood
02:55 – Future of Content:
- Twitter bars intelligence agencies from using analytics service | WSJ
- Interpublic to shift $250m in TV ad spend to YouTube | WSJ
- Cheddar, the ‘CNBC for millennials’, goes behind a paywall | WSJ
- English Premier League 16-17 season coverage details revealed | Yes Crowd Optus
- ‘Dear EPL fans, we know how you feel’ | Foxtel
- Podcasts surge, but producers feel Apple isn’t listening | New York Times
- Apple’s actual role for podcasting: ‘Be careful what you wish for’ | Marco Arment
- Alden Ehrenreich playing Han Solo is proof that movie stardom is dead | Indiewire
27:17 – Future of Graphics:
30:20 – Future of Smartphones:
- Buttonless fingerprint sensors are coming to phones this year | The Verge
- Microsoft’s hover gestures for Windows phones are magnificent | The Verge
- Dag Kittlaus, co-founder of Siri, will give first demo of next gen AI, Viv, at Disrupt NY | TechCrunch
- iOS 10 likely to include standalone HomeKit App | MacRumors