Deadpool is back (this time with a mouth) and breaking all the box office records (not just the fourth wall!). And to celebrate the potential return of Cheez TV, we take a walk down memory lane and reminisce about our favourite childhood cartoon series. What were they? What are some of yours?
In tech news, we take a look at the troubles at Telstra, SoundCloud and wonder what the heck is up with Kanye. Japanese PC-makers are desperate to catch up with their Taiwanese counterparts and we hilariously try to pronounce ‘Qiyi’. This and so much more on episode 49 of The Lazy Couch..
Episode 49. Recorded Wednesday 16 February 2016.
Download episode 49 (mp3)
1:00 – Show-notes:
- Geoff visits Paddington’s ‘H2O Water Bar’ | City of Sydney
- Geoff tries to explain Gravitational Waves | NY Times
8:36 – Our favourite childhood cartoons:
To celebrate the return of Cheez TV, we take a walk down memory lane as we chat about our favourite childhood cartoons.
- ThunderCats (1985-88) | Intro
- Freakazoid! (1995) | Intro
- Robotech (1985) | Intro
- M.A.S.K. (1985-88) | Intro
21:17 – News of the week:
- Kanye West claims to be $53m in debt, asks Zuckerberg for help | The Guardian
- Tidal tops US App Store after landing rights for Kanye West’s new album | TechCrunch
- Telstra hit by second outage in two days | news.com.au
- Project Loon in Sri Lanka | The Guardian
- SoundCloud could be forced to close after $44m losses | FACT mag
- Baidu gets offer from executives for majority stake in Qiyi | Bloomberg Business
- Vaio near deal with Toshiba, Fujitsu to form Japan PC giant | Bloomberg Business
36:39 – Deadpool review:
- Deadpool blows away competition with $150m four-day opening weekend | Box Office Mojo
- Who is Deadpool? | wikipedia
- Who is X-Force? | wikipedia
- Betty White reviews Deadpool | Facebook
- 100 Deadpool easter eggs, secret cameos and references | Mr Sunday Movies