Bit of a break in the tech event cycle and we get serious by chatting all things encryption and iCloud backups. Yay! We’ll tell you what the media isn’t and break down some of the mixed messages you may have been hearing from the press.
We have also been trialling the new browser, Edge, by Microsoft and we tell you why you should try it out yourself.
As always we cover all angles using audio clips from different sources so you get everything you need to know, right here on the Naked Tech Podcast.
Episode 138. Recorded Tuesday 28 January 2020.
- An AI epidemiologist sent the first warnings of the Wuhan virus | Wired via Outline
- Microsoft’s new internet browser is so good I forgot I switched from Chrome | Business Insider
- Exclusive: Apple dropped plan to encrypt backups after FBI complained | Reuters
- Apple rejects Attorney General Barr’s claim that it didn’t assist with shooting probe | The Verge
- Trump demands Apple unlocks iPhones | CNBC
- “Project Cato” report into Bezos phone hack | PDF report
- The iPad awkwardly turns 10 | Daring Fireball
- Google backflips on its controversial desktop search results redesign | The Verge
- Mathematicians have solved traffic jams | Reddit
The Naked Tech Podcast is your new favourite destination on geek culture hosted by Kelvin Lee and Geoff Kim from Sydney, Australia. Topics range from the latest in technology to comic book movies. If you enjoyed listening to us, you can help the show by leaving us a review on iTunes or get in touch with us on @NakedTechPod. The outro music is ‘Sorry’ by Comfort Fit.