Part 2 of our coverage of CES 2020 includes a holographic virtual yoga trainer, a chef bot that can make 35 different types of salad, a tennis ball that follows you around and bosses your other home appliances, and a bionic cat that adjusts its personality based on how you talk to it.
You want more weird stuff? Well how about Segway’s new S-Pod? It’s a self-balancing chair on wheels, which makes us think our prediction of a Wall-E future is starting to come true!
As always we cover all angles using audio clips from different sources so you get everything you need to know, right here on the Naked Tech Podcast.
Episode 137. Recorded Monday 20 January 2020.
- Samsung’s Neon ‘artificial humans’ are confusing everyone | cnet
- Samsung casually shows off AR Glasses in GEMS exercise demo | Upload VR
- The best thing at the Samsung booth is the salad-making Chef Bot | techradar
- Segway introduces armchair-like S-Pod vehicle for seated riding | dezeen
- Meet ‘Ballie’: Samsung rolls out mini robot ‘life companion’ | Market Watch
- MarsCat: A bionic cat, a home robot | Kickstarter
- Dell’s ‘Concept UFO’ is a wild Switch-like portable gaming PC | engadget
- Looking Glass is 8K holographic display tech that seeks to invent ‘holo Skype’ | TechCrunch
- Twitter will finally let you control who can reply to your tweets | techradar
- Withings ScanWatch has sleep apnea detection through algorithmic interpretation | iMore
- Bite-to-clean Y-Brush toothbrush takes 10 seconds | BBC
- L’Oreal’s latest gadget mixes lipstick based on what your favourite influencers wear | The Verge
- Pampers gets into smart diapers with Lumi | engadget
The Naked Tech Podcast is your new favourite destination on geek culture hosted by Kelvin Lee and Geoff Kim from Sydney, Australia. Topics range from the latest in technology to comic book movies. If you enjoyed listening to us, you can help the show by leaving us a review on iTunes or get in touch with us on @NakedTechPod. The outro music is ‘Sorry’ by Comfort Fit.