Are you a Whatsapp user that never joined Facebook? Well, that may be a thing of the past if Zuckerberg has anything to do with an upcoming project to unify all of Facebook’s many messaging services into one. There’s a great chance too, you know being the CEO and all. While Netflix has been forced to go on a price hike in America to keep its revenues up, as it prepares to stave off competition coming from all angles. If you have an ad-blocker extension on your Chrome, you may want to switch to Firefox as Google looks to re-engineer some key APIs on Chrome. Meanwhile, Nike just released its latest self-lacing sneakers and people are going nuts over them!
As always, we cover all angles using clips from different sources so you get everything you need to know, right here on The Lazy Couch podcast.
Episode 117. Recorded Monday 28 January 2019.
00:00 – Intro & Davos 2019
- Netflix series ‘Kingdom’ a must-see even if you’re not into zombies | cNet
- 10 things we learned at the World Economic Forum | The Guardian
07:18 – Facebook to amalgamate Whatsapp, Instagram, Messenger
- Zuckerberg planning to integrate all the messaging services | NY Times (via Outline)
- ‘The Facts About Facebook” by Mark Zuckerberg | WSJ (via Outline)
- Zuckerberg defends Facebook in Op-Ed | Yahoo Finance
21:45 – Can Netflix hang on?
- With price hikes, Netflix is facing a Bird Box challenge of its own | SMH (via Outline)
- Sharing passwords? This company will use AI to track you down | The Verge
- Netflix is finally sharing its audience numbers | Recode
32:37 – Chrome’s new APIs to render Ad-blockers useless
- Google planning to change Chrome that could break ad-blockers | Ars Technica
- Chromium’s Manifest V3 public document | Google Docs
39:03 – Nike Hyper Adapt BB Shoes
- Hands-on with Nike’s self-lacing, app-controlled sneaker of the future | The Verge
- The promise of intelligent product | Nike News