Another year, another E3 is done. We cover all the console announcements from Microsoft, Sony and Nintendo as well as all the publisher news from EA’s Battefield V to Ubisoft’s Beyond Good & Evil 2. We also had a quick look at this month’s top tech stories and talk about Amazon Prime coming to Australia and Elon Musk’s Boring company drilling through Chicago. This and more on episode 101 of The Lazy Couch podcast.
Get in touch with us on @thelazycouch on twitter, or search for ‘the lazy couch’ on facebook and instagram.
Episode 101. Recorded Wednesday 20 June 2018.
iTunes | subscribe | email | twitter | web | youtube
00:00 – Intro and feedback
- Rate us on iTunes | The Lazy Couch on iTunes
03:55 – Microsoft Xbox
- We Happy Few dev addresses Australia ban, tackling drug glorification | Polygon
- Microsoft Buys Four Independent Studios | Kotaku
- How Darrell Gallagher plans to build Microsoft’s The Initiative studio in Santa Monica | VentureBeat
17:33 – Sony Playstation
- IGN influencers – What is Death Stranding | Facebook
24:40 – Nintendo
- How Fortnite trapped Sony, and what happens next | Polygon
- How big is Fortnite? | Super Data Research
- How Fornite makes money | CNBC on YouTube
32:14 – Bethesda, Ubisoft
- Bethesda at E3 2018: Everything You Need to Know | Engadget on YouTube
- E3 2018: Joseph Gordon-Levitt Responds to Exploitation Concerns on Beyond Good and Evil 2 Partnership | IGN
- Joseph Gordon Levitt reports to all | Medium
41:00 – EA, Square Enix
- Kingdom Hearts 3 – Everything we know | Polygon
45:30 – Other News
- Amazon Prime comes to Australia for $6.99 a month or $59 a year. Sign up before 31 Jan 2019, $4.99 a month | Amazon
- Boring Co wins bid to build Chicago O’Hare Express Loop | Teslarati
The Lazy Couch is a geek culture podcast hosted by Kelvin Lee and Geoff Kim, based out of Sydney Australia. Topics range from the latest trends in technology to comic book movies and all things geeky. If you enjoyed listening to us, you can help the show by leaving us a review on iTunes or get in touch with us on @thelazycouch.
The outro music is ‘Sorry’ by Comfort Fit.