This week, we break down YouTube’s new ad-free subscription model with YouTube Red and tear down the final Star Wars: The Force Awakens trailer. There’s also news on IBM, Google and Facebook, as well as a preview of Marvel’s ‘Jessica Jones’ series soon to drop on Netflix. Episode 37 starts now.
Episode 37. Recorded Wednesday 28 October 2015.
Download episode 37 (mp3)
- Yahoo! stream offers new horizons for NFL | SB Nation
- Microsoft Surface Pro 4 teardown | ifixit
- Google’s second OnHub router is built by ASUS | engadget
- IBM nearing acquisition of weather.com’s digital and data assets | WSJ
- Nexus 5X and 6P phones now available for pre-order in Australia | Google Australia Blog
- Google brings podcasting to Play Music | re/code
- ‘The Message’ podcast | Official
- Facebook’s ‘2G Tuesdays’ slow down internet for employees | Time
- Meet YouTube Red, a subscription service for ad-free YouTube | YouTube Blog
- The world’s highest-paid YouTube stars of 2015 | Forbes
- ‘Star Wars: The Force Awakens’ official trailer | YouTube
- Marvel’s ‘Jessica Jones’ trailer: it’s dark, it’s haunting, it’s perfect | Vox
- ‘Thor: Ragnarok’ and ‘Alien’ sequel to shoot in Australia | Variety