The CEOs of Google, Apple, Facebook and Amazon (GAFA) get a grilling from a congressional sub-committee investigating potential antitrust practices, TikTok may be saved by a Microsoft bailout, and an innovative way to light your desk.
As always we cover all angles using audio clips from different sources so you get everything you need to know, right here on the Naked Tech Podcast.
Episode 153. Recorded Wednesday 5 August 2020.
- Big tech on trial | The Verge
- Zuck, Bezos, Pichai grilled 2x more than Cook | VentureBeat
- 5.5 hr hearing — Online platforms and market power: examining the dominance of big tech | youtube
- Trump says he will ban TikTok through an executive action | CNBC
- Microsoft’s takeover of TikTok | The Conversation
- Walter Masterson talking to the president | twitter.com
- BenQ light bar | youtube
The Naked Tech Podcast is your new favourite destination on geek culture hosted by Kelvin Lee and Geoff Kim from Sydney, Australia. Topics range from the latest in technology to comic book movies. If you enjoyed listening to us, you can help the show by leaving us a review on iTunes or get in touch with us on @NakedTechPod. The outro music is ‘Sorry’ by Comfort Fit.