Facebook successfully launched their space drone that Zuckerberg hopes to eventually deliver free internet to every human being on Earth. These are some of the lofty ambitions Mark has to one day control every aspect of your life and the scary thing is – they’re not that far off now.
While we wait for that however, this week we had a hands-on demo of the HTC Vive VR headset and Google’s 3D painting program ‘Tilt Brush’. We’ll tell you all about our experience and whether we threw up or not. We also cover what the Verizon takeover of Yahoo really means, the immediate future of Netflix and Kanye’s latest twitter rant. This and so much more on episode soixante-neuf of The Lazy Couch.
Episode 69. Recorded Monday 1 August 2016.
Download episode 69 (mp3)
00:00 – Intro
- Kelvin and Geoff try out Tilt Brush on HTC Vive | Virtual & Augmented Reality Sydney Meet Up
- Tilt Brush by Google | website
06:50 – VR / AR
- Playstation VR details | Gamespot Facebook
- Magic Leap envisions a future where you can shop by talking to your AR glasses | The Verge
11:13 – Verizon/Yahoo, Netflix
- Yahoo and the online universe according to Verizon | NY Times
- Yahoo7’s future up in the air | Reckoner
- How ‘Stranger Things’ explains the future of Netflix | AFR
- ‘Black Mirror’ season 3 will premiere sooner than expected | Gizmodo
24:30 – Rumours on the internets
29:55 – Other news
- The diagnosis and the cure of automation | Techcrunch
- Stockspot becomes first Australian robo-advisor to integrate AI into financial advice | Startup Daily
- Kanye West tells Apple to ‘give Jay Z his cheque for Tidal’ | Venture Beat