As Australia enters the ‘subscription video on-demand’ era, we test drive the 3 main players – Stan, Quickflix & Presto – in preparation for the upcoming domestic launch of Netflix. We also celebrate Google Maps’ 10th birthday and tell you why Spider-Man joining The Avengers matters. Did you see Pharrell do beat poetry at the Grammys? Find out what went down in our longest episode yet!
Episode 5. Recorded Wednesday 11 February 2015.
- Video: Leigh Sales takes down Tony Abbott on 7:30 Report post-Spill
- Video: Pharrell Williams’ amazing performance of ‘Happy’ at The Grammys
- Ten years of Google Maps | Recode
- Computer scientists generate a self-aware Super Mario that can learn and feel | IFL Science
- Spider-Man to join the Marvel Cinematic Universe | Marvel
- Hands on with new ‘Photos’ app on Mac OS X | MacWorld
- Apple is making its first Android app | Business Insider
- Streaming Video On-Demand wars in Australia: Stan | Quickflix | Presto
- Sneak peak: ‘Better Call Saul’
- Kelvin’s review: Sennheiser Momentum headphones | 5 stars
- Video: Sennheiser factory tour in Hanover, Germany
- Kelvin’s review 2: Lenovo Yoga Tablet 2 | 3 stars
- Reaction video: Furious 7