NVIDIA’s CEO Jensen Huang wowed SIGGRAPH by unveiling the world’s first real-time ray tracing graphics card but is he telling us everything? We deep dive into this new method of rendering computer graphics and the implications to the world of next-gen gaming and entertainment. Elon Musk has had quite a fortnight with regretful tweets and missteps all around. His mental health has come into the spotlight but we are still impressed with his genius and work ethic. However, the question remains – Could he survive 2018 and keep his stewardship of Tesla?
As always, we cover all angles using clips from different sources so you get everything you need to know, right here on The Lazy Couch Podcast.
Episode 107. Recorded Monday 27 August 2018.
00:00 – NVIDIA at SIGGRAPH 2018
- NVIDIA CEO Jensen Huang at SIGGRAPH 2018 | NVIDIA YouTube
- Will the GPU replace the CPU? | Datacenter Journal
- Rasterisation and Real-time ray tracing explained | Science Studio
- Tom Petersen explains real-time ray tracing | Gamers Nexus
20:17 – Elon Musk and Tesla
- Elon Musk details ‘excruciating’ personal toll of Tesla turmoil | NY Times
- Talking tech with Elon Musk | MKBHD
34:30 – Random
- Peter Dutton’s popcorn company | @sunriseon7 twitter
The Lazy Couch is a geek culture podcast hosted by Kelvin Lee and Geoff Kim, based out of Sydney Australia. Topics range from the latest trends in technology to comic book movies and all things geeky. If you enjoyed listening to us, you can help the show by leaving us a review on iTunes or get in touch with us on @thelazycouch.
The outro music is ‘Sorry’ by Comfort Fit.