It’s the catch all episode! With no major tech conventions, we looked at stories that happened over the last few weeks, covering Microsoft, Google, Instagram, YouTube, Tesla, IBM and more. It really is everything you need to know in tech.
Get in touch with us on @thelazycouch on twitter, or search for ‘the lazy couch’ on facebook and instagram.
Episode 102. Recorded Sunday 1 July 2018.
00:00 – Intro
- Rate us on iTunes | The Lazy Couch on iTunes
02:20 – Microsoft buys Github
- GitHub – Why Microsoft Paid $7.5B for the Future of Software | The Biz Doc’s YouTube
- Satya Nadella Talks Microsoft GitHub Acquisition | CNBC YouTube
- Microsoft’s GitHub takeover sends shockwaves through the open source community | siliconANGLE
10:51 – IGTV
- Instagram’s IGTV event highlights in 10 minutes | CNET YouTube
- How brands are using Instagram’s new long-form video feature IGTV | Digiday
21:48 – Google section
- New Google Podcasts App Review | Twit YouTube
- A new way to sell merch on YouTube | YouTube
- Google fixes its PR problem for Duplex | YouTube
36:07 – IBM’s Project Debator
41:47 – Tesla battery in Sydney
- Sydney launches new transport depot with industrial-scale Tesla batteries | techly
- Clover Moore announcement | Facebook
The Lazy Couch is a geek culture podcast hosted by Kelvin Lee and Geoff Kim, based out of Sydney Australia. Topics range from the latest trends in technology to comic book movies and all things geeky. If you enjoyed listening to us, you can help the show by leaving us a review on iTunes or get in touch with us on @thelazycouch.
The outro music is ‘Sorry’ by Comfort Fit.