For the first time in history, human sapiens have taken a photo of an actual black hole in a galaxy far away. What kind of technology was used to achieve this? We break it all down with clips of course. Speaking of space, Star Wars episode IX’s teaser trailer was showcased as well as the title – The Rise of Skywalker. What were the surprises? How many misdirections were there? Will someone give JJ a hug?
Finally, Disney+ streaming service was announced, along with a whole bunch of new original shows and films. If you’re into content, it’s certainly a great time to be alive!
As always, we cover all angles using clips from different sources so you get everything you need to know, right here on The Lazy Couch podcast.
Episode 124. Recorded Tuesday 16 April 2019.
00:00 – Intro & Game of Thrones
01:24 – Black Hole photographed for the first time
- Brian Cox explains black holes in plain English on Rogan | JRE clips youtube
- The reason why the first-ever black hole photo is such a big deal | Slashgear
- Katie Bouman’s TEDx talk from 2016 – how to take photo of a black hole | TED talks youtube
- The internet couldn’t handle all the data from black hole photo | Inverse
- First image of a black hole explained | Veritasium youtube
15:04 – Star Wars Celebration
- Star Wars episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker teaser trailer is here | Gamespot
- Star Wars episode IX panel at Star Wars Celebration | Star Wars youtube
- The Mandalorian trailer and special scenes breakdown | Emergency Awesome youtube
- The Mandalorian and Clone Wars – what we know | BBC Newsround
30:58 – Disney+ streaming service announced
- Disney+ streaming service to commence 12 November | CNBC
- All the shows announced so far | Game Rant
- Disney+ details revealed | Tech Insider youtube
- Welcome to Disney, The Simpsons | @disney
- What the UI will look like | @RobertIger