4 years after they wowed us with their first iteration of the Hololens, Microsoft have finally revealed version 2.0 of the mixed reality headset. There are a lot of improvements in both hardware and software and you never know, you may soon be sporting one on your head at your workplace to get things done. There were also new phones galore at Barcelona’s MWC 2019. Whether it’s from Huawei, LG, Xiaomi or whatever – they come in all different sizes and yes, some of them even fold.
As always, we cover all angles using clips from different sources so you get everything you need to know, right here on The Lazy Couch podcast.
Episode 120. Recorded Monday 4 March 2019.
02:22 – Microsoft’s Hololens 2
- Hololens 2: Inside Microsoft’s new headset | The Verge youtube
- Microsoft Hololens 2 keynote in 15 minutes | UploadVR youtube
- Nadella defends US military contract that some employees say crosses the line | CNN
- Open letter from staff to Nadella and Brad Smith | @MsWorkers4
- Technology and the US military by Brad Smith, MS president | Microsoft Blog
21:33 – Mobile World Congress 2019 in Barcelona
- Apple is releasing a folding iPhone and it’s not all about the patents | Tom’s Guide
- Huawei’s Mate X foldable phone is a thinner 5G rival to the Galaxy Fold | The Verge
- Folding phones – now I believe | D2D youtube
- 3 concerns about the folding Mate X by PC World’s Michael Simon | Youtube
- Tablet battery specifications | Device Specifications
- Energizer’s Extra Juicy Phone is dumb thick | Gizmodo
- LG G8’s first impression and crystal sound OLED | MKBHD youtube
- Xiaomi Mi 9 hands on | CNET youtube
43:32 – In closing…
The Lazy Couch is a geek culture podcast hosted by Kelvin Lee and Geoff Kim, based out of Sydney Australia. Topics range from the latest trends in technology to comic book movies and all things geeky. If you enjoyed listening to us, you can help the show by leaving us a review on iTunes or get in touch with us on @thelazycouch.
The outro music is ‘Sorry’ by Comfort Fit.